Boulder Recovery is a renowned intimacy disorder treatment center in Colorado with an integrated treatment approach and customized therapies. Our highly acclaimed 14-day intensive program has helped numerous men overcome their wayward habits and embrace a Christian lifestyle.
Benefits of joining a Christ-based intimacy treatment center
Our Christ-based porn addiction treatment in Boulder helps men overcome their behavioral shortcoming with the invocation of prayers, scripture, sermons, and bible study sessions. Some of the benefits of joining a Christ-based rehab for pornography and Christians include:
- These rehabs use spiritual teachings to help patients understand what is good for them. Patients receive guidance and counseling from experienced and compassionate priests, ministers, and Christian mentors, in addition to mental health professionals.
- Patients maintain a healthier lifestyle in the long run as they know that they are accountable to the creator for their thoughts, behaviors, and actions.
- Renewing your faith and strengthening your connection with God, which goes a long way in helping you make healthier lifestyle choices.
Addiction to pornography can lead to a bigger problem if left untreated. Meet with a Boulder Colorado sex addiction therapist for men at the earliest to break free from your behavioral disorder.
What are the symptoms of intimacy disorder?
Individuals can often interpret their fear of intimacy as anger, indifference, or coldness. You may have an intimacy disorder if you experience the following symptoms:
- Low self-esteem
- Issues with trusting people around you
- Experiencing episodes of anger
- Avoiding physical contact
- Facing troubles with committing to close relationships
- Having a history of unstable relationships
- Inability to share feelings or express emotion
Individuals with intimacy disorder also suffer from insatiable sexual desire and self-imposed social isolation. Our rehab not only offers help for porn-addicted Christians but also ensures unsurpassed intimacy disorder treatment.
What causes fear of intimacy?
Several factors can contribute to your fear of intimacy, such as past experiences, childhood trauma, low self-esteem, or issues like:
- Fear of rejection and abandonment
Individuals who fear rejection or abandonment often refrain from getting into a relationship. The same goes for those who have faced rejection in the past or have been abandoned by their parents or loved ones.
- Avoidant personality disorder
Also known as intimacy anxiety disorder, this condition affects up to 2.5 percent of the population and usually starts in childhood. Individuals diagnosed with an avoidant personality disorder may suffer from low self-esteem, shyness, awkwardness, and fear of judgment or humiliation. Some men and women inherit the condition from their parents, while a few owe it to traumatic experiences. Those dealing with intimacy anxiety disorder suffer from oversensitivity to criticism and exaggerated sense of potential problems, preventing them from getting into a relationship.
- Childhood sexual abuse
Childhood sexual abuse can lead to fear of intimacy. It can make it hard for individuals to trust another person, making intimacy even more challenging.
Do not let your sex addiction affect your relationship. Call Boulder Recovery at 720-902-9919 to seek help from a team of caring and compassionate professionals. We are the top intimacy disorder treatment center in Colorado, with excellent reviews and Christ-centered healing programs. Get in touch with us now to break free from your compulsive sexual behaviors.
Boulder CO 80303